My life in a small town

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Blueberry Festival

Well, yesterday we had a blueberry festival in our town. That's where people set up booths and celebrate the blueberry. We started the day off with blueberry pancakes. YUM!!! And of course they were selling blueberries, too. There was a pie eating contest, one with children, and one with adults. The Sunday paper said that Patrick won 3rd place on the adult contest. Yea! He also got his picture made with a guy there named Burt Hairgrove who did rope tricks. Let me see if I can add the picture without messing up.

They also had a pie contest to see who could make the best blueberry pie, and on how it was presented. I think next year I may try to enter that. Not that I'm a good baker but by the looks of some of them this year I think I have a pretty good chance.
Well, not much else to report, except Patrick still has gout. I took him to the doctor and got him medicine but I guess it just takes time to heal. UGH.

Well guess till next time.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger KMAN said...

    I can't wait until next year when I place third or better in the eating contest!

    Way to go, Pat, I never doubted that you could pull it off.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home