My life in a small town

Thursday, July 31, 2008

IN MEMORY OF ERIC EAKS

Hello, again.
well here I am in California, yeah, surprise, since we were just out here in June for my best girlfriends 60th birthday.
Well I recieved a phone call from this same best friend last Thursday the 23th of July. She told me her grandson(whom we have know his whole life)he turned 18 March 1st. that he had died. She was devasated and asked me if I could come out and be with her through this time of sorrow.

So of course I knew I had to be here with her and her family, by the way we have know each other over 30 years, and our kids were small together.

It has been an experience that I hope no one else has to go through.
One of Eric's friends made a dvd and put it on youtube, so I thought I would put it up here on the blog. Eric was a wonderful boy, or should I say man. He just graduated in June from High School and was signed up to go to college in September.
He had so much going for him, or so it seemed.........

But there were darker things going on with Eric which no one knew...........
He hanged him self in a building in the back of their house. And his father came home from the movies and found him. Of course they took him to the hospital and tried to revive him with no luck. So you see why it is so hard for this family now.

I ask that you all keep them in your prayers.
And may God Bless you all.
And this is not in a small town.


ERIC ANTHONY EAKS was born March 1, 1990 at Weiler/ Einstein Hospital in New York (Bronx Country), New York. He was the only child born to his parents Christopher William Eaks and Lisa Leonard.

Eric grew up in Pasadena, California and attended Pasadena High School (PHS); where he graduated on June 18, 2008. Eric was a member of the school's Drama Club and acted in several plays during the school year.

Eric loved music and started playing musical instruments at an early age. He taught himself to play the guitar, piano, and various other instruments. He had formal music lessons in playing the trumpet and played well. In 2005, Eric was a proud member of the Pasadena All Star Band that marched and played the trumpet in the Pasadena Rosebowl Parade.

In addition to music, Eric loved skateboarding, playing video games, and learning. He was passionately involved in animal rights activism.

Eric accepted Christ at an early age. He attended St. Elizabeth's Catholic Church in Altadena, California with his grandmother, Beverly Foster. On July 24, 2008, Eric entered into eternal and everlasting life at Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, CA.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:17 PM , Anonymous Laura Earles said...

    miss you everyday eric
    i love you.

    -Laura

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Anonymous Sharlana Torrey said...

    I miss you! There isn't a day that goes by that I think about you. I love you cuz!!!!

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Anonymous Sharlana Torrey said...

    ...that i *dont* think about you

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home