My life in a small town

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good Morning !!

It's been a while since I've been on here, so thought I better see what is going on.
Since there is MYSPACE and FACEBOOK I don't know if anyone still reads the blogs.

There are many stories about accidents with the game WII, well, I can actually say that if you are not careful you can hurt yourself, as I did. My son and I were bowling and instead of standing to throw the ball I was sitting in my chair. My chair has an angel blanket thrown over the back of it. When I put my arm back to throw the ball, the controller got caught up in the blanket and twisted my wrist backwards. OUCH !! And of course the controller went flying forward. NO, no strike...
but I thought I broke my wrist it hurt so bad. I put an ice pack on it right away.
I didn't go to the ER, because I don't trust those people after my experience with Patrick and his broken hip. (that's another horror story). I kept my wrist wrapped in an ace bandage until Monday and I called my doctor to see if they could work me in. Thank goodness they did. They took X-rays of my wrist and NO BROKEN bones. Just pulled tendons and ligaments. So the doctor told me to wear a wrist brace for a while and rest my hand and wrist. Of course I am right handed and it was my right hand. There are a lot of things that are really hard to do with my left hand. LOL
So word of advise if you have a WII be careful !!

Been a little down lately, one of our long time friends passed away last Friday. We went to see her about a week before that and she didn't even know we were there. She had cancer all over her body. There isn't going to be a funeral for her, they are going to have her cremated, and then have a memorial at the cemetery where her husband is buried. They will put her ashes at the foot of his grave with a marker.

Guess that's all that's going on in this small town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home